Things to Do While You're Visiting Athlone
There are an abundance of tourist attractions and amenities available in Athlone and the surrounding areas to suit a variety of tastes and interests. From Family Fun Activities to spending time with friends, you will be spoilt for choice in the heart of Ireland. With 40 Deluxe and Superior Bedrooms and 11 Two-Bedroom Suites at The Shamrock Lodge Hotel, we have the perfect accommodation options no matter what size group you have so you can have a good rest after exploring all that Athlone has to offer!
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Amenities
- Iona Bar - Bar Food (Lunch and Evening Menus) served daily
- Ath Luain Restaurant - renowned in the midlands for its excellent cuisine complete with conservatory, makes this the perfect location for small private lunches or dinner parties
- Renowned Carvery every Sunday
- Free Wi-Fi
- Satellite television with movie channels and games in our two-bedrooms suites
- Private Grounds and Gardens to relax in and plenty of room for the kids to run around!
- Mingala Day Spa located on the grounds of the Hotel is the perfect place to get away from the stresses and strains of everyday life and with 20% off body treatments for all hotel guests, why not spoil yourself with a wonderful head massage, facial or manicure
Family Fun Activities
- The Planet Entertainment Centre (5 minute drive from the Hotel) –
- Offering ten pin bowling, laser quest, snooker, video games, quasar and much more
- Viking Tours on the River Shannon (5 minute walk from the Hotel) –
- Explore Athlone on the River Shannon and take in beautiful scenery, historical tales of Athlone and maybe the Captain will let you steer the boat!
- Glendeer Pet Farm (8 minute drive from the Hotel) –
- Monkeys, emus, rabbits, puppies and everything in between await you at Glendeer Pet Farm where you can feed and even cuddle some of their wonderful friendly animals
- IMC Cinema (5 minute drive/15 minute walk from the Hotel) -
- 6 screen cinema offering all the latest releases and offering family discounts
- Athlone Regional Sports Centre (10 minute drive from the hotel) –
- Offering adult & toddler pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam-rooms, astro-turf pitch, sports hall, outdoor playground, skate park and much more
- Jump 4 Joy Activity Centre (10 minute drive from the Hotel) -
- Indoor play area with inflatable play area, go karts, pool tables, cinema room, toddlers area, café with hot food and free parking
- Barracuda Boat Trips on the River Shannon (5 minute walk from the Hotel) –
- Full day, half day and evening tours available
- 9D Cinema (15 minute walk from the Hotel) –
- Located in Athlone Town Shopping Centre, this interactive experience gets all the senses buzzing and is fun for all the family
- Lough Key Forest Park (1 hour drive from the Hotel) –
- From playgrounds, indoor adventure centre, canopy walks and cycling trails, you won’t find it hard to fill up your day at Lough Key Forest Park
- Left Bank Mall (5 minute walk from the Hotel)
- Athlone Town Shopping Centre (15 minute walk from the Hotel)
- Golden Island Shopping Centre (18 minute walk from the Hotel)
Cultural and Heritage Sites
- Athlone Castle (5 minute walk from the Hotel) –
- Discover the rich history of Athlone through a series of interactive and audio visual exhibitions at Athlone Castle
- Luan Gallery (5 minute walk from the Hotel) –
- Since 2012, Athlone’s Luan Gallery has showcased national and international visual art projects ensuring a varied and engaging arts programme is delivered to visitors of this wonderful gallery
- Derryglad Folk and Heritage Museum (18 minute drive from the Hotel) –
- Take a trip down memory lane at this family run museum which hosts a unique 35 year collection of over 6,000 items including trademan’s tools, horse drawn machinery and much more
- Dean Crowe Theatre (6 minute walk from the Hotel) –
- This theatre provides an entertaining and varied programme of events throughout the year including the annual RTE All Ireland Drama Festival, drama, comedy, musicals, music, opera, dance, art exhibitions, children’s events and much more.
- Ballinahowan Craft Village (18 minute drive from the Hotel) –
- Feast your eyes on Irish craft and design from artists, craftsman, and sculptors and take time to relax in their beautiful tea rooms
- Clonmacnoise (30 minute drive from the Hotel) –
- Explore the monastery and steep yourself in history at one of Ireland’s most renowned tourist attractions
- Dun na Si Amenity & Heritage Park (18 minute drive from the Hotel) –
- Spend the day and explore the grounds of Dun na Si and take in their farm house, blacksmith’s forge and fisherman’s cottage and so much more
- Mullingar to Athlone 'Old Rail Trail' - this is a rural route through the heart of the Irish midlands, starting in the bustling town of Athlone and continuing on a converted stretch of the Midlands Great Western Railway. The 40km journey takes us through rich fertile farmland, away from the hussle of towns, in a beautiful rural setting to the market town of Mullingar.
Walking Treks and Trails
- Shannon Banks Nature Trail (starts from Athlone Castle, 5 minute walk from the Hotel)
- Warren Point Looped Walk (30 minute drive from the Hotel)
- Lough Boora Parklands (35 minute drive from the Hotel)
- Adventure Athlone (8 minute drive from the Hotel)
- Outdoor Discovery (30 minute drive from the Hotel)
- Baysports, Ireland's Largest Water Park (10 minute drive from the Hotel)
- Great Package Breaks Available with the Shamrock Lodge for this inflatable water park!
- Tallest floating inflatable water slide in the world.
- Visit www.baysports.ie for more information.
- Family breaks & group breaks available.
- This is the Largest Water Park in Ireland.
For more information, please contact the hotel directly on +353 (0)90 649 2601 or email email@example.com